TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In the section of the Admission Form, unless the subject or context is inconsistent. Therewith, the following words and expressions shall bear the meanings respectively assigned to them hereunder:
a) “Child” means the child described in this Admission Form whose parent(s)guardian is applying to enrol him/her as a student in the School.
b) “Course” means the course or programme of study, which the Parents are applying to enrol the Child for in the School.
c) “Parents” means the parent(s)/legal guardian of the Child.
d) “School” means Brainy Bunch International Montessori.
e) “School Fees” means all fees chargeable and other deem of payments (including deposit, monthly fees, biannual material, miscellaneous and snack fees, late penalty fees or other recurring fees and charges; extra-curricular activities fees such as field trips, sports day, graduation and other outdoor activities) which are payable to the School arrangements from time to time in respect of the Course and otherwise for the use and enjoyment of the School facilities.
f. “School Hours” means the time during which lessons or other school activities or events are being conducted in the School during the relevant Schooling Day.
g. “School Regulations” means the policies rules and regulations restrictions and other guidelines decisions resolutions rulings and determinations relating to the conduct affairs and activities of the School, and the students of the School, and otherwise relating to the governance administration management and operation of the School, and include (but not limited to) any decisions resolutions rulings and determinations pertaining to, and/or for the variation of:
i) The School Fees and the due dates thereof;
ii) The term and semester or other holidays of the School;
iii) The operating hours of the School and its facilities;
iv) The curriculum of the Course and the manner method and system of teaching and conducting the Course.
h) “Schooling Days” means the days on which:
i) Any lessons or classes, or any assessment tests or examinations, of or relating to the Course is being conducted by the School, or
ii) Any activities or events, which the Child is required to attend or participate in, is being conducted or organised by the School; and references to a Schooling Day shall mean any such Schooling Days.
The School may at any time and from time to time, at its sole and absolute discretion, make or vary the School Regulations, and the Parents shall comply and cause the Child to comply, with the School Regulations for the time being and from time to time in force (whether such regulations be contained in any parent/student handbook website or elsewhere in any notice announcement circular memorandum or notice board of the School).
In applying to register and enrol the Child as a student of the School, the Parents hereby agree to the following terms and conditions (which following terms and conditions are hereinafter collectively referred to as the “Admission Terms”):
1. That the Parents understand and fully support the Montessori philosophies of educating the Child and we are a Montessori-inspired centre.
2. That unless the Child is otherwise excused (whether for medical or other health reasons or for any other reasons acceptable to the School) the Child shall be required:
a) To attend all lessons and classes of the Course regularly.
b) To sit for all assessment tests and examinations of the Course, and
c) To participate in all activities and events of the School (including all extracurricular activities and other meets, field or school trips which the Child is required to attend or participate in
3. That the Parents must, as soon as possible, disclose any particular known or suspected circumstances relating to the Child’s health, physical and mental well-being, allergies, physical disabilities, self-care needs or learning difficulties or social circumstances which could have the effect of impacting on the Child’s learning and social behaviours.
4. In the event that the Child is observed to present development or learning concerns, Parents are expected to actively collaborate with the School to seek support, assessment and intervention for the Child. A formal assessment can be arranged either by the Parents or by the School at the Parents’ expense.
5. The School reserves the right to discontinue the enrolment of the Child if it is deemed that the School is unable to meet the Child’s educational needs or if the Parents persistently fail to actively collaborate with the School as needed. In these circumstances, the School will not charge School fees in lieu of discontinuation notice and reasonable adjustments will be considered in respect of a child with a disability.
6. That the Child shall be required to attend:
a) An orientation course (“Montessori Ground Rules” period) at the start of each academic year; and
b) Additional tuition if the School should find the same to be necessary for the Child; the need, if any, for conducting the tuition shall be at such rate as the School may from time to time prescribe.
7. That the continued enrolment of the Child in the School is subject to, and conditional upon, due compliance by the Parents and the Child with the Admission Terms for the time being and from time to time in force.
8. That, notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the admission and enrolment of the Child as a student of the School, whether for the initial or any subsequent academic year or programme or course of study, is conditional upon the prior fulfilment of the following conditions:
a) That this Admission Form shall have been completed, signed and submitted to the School, and all other entry and application procedures along with the requirements of the School shall have been complied with,
b) That the School shall have conducted an interview with the Parents and the Child;
c) That the registration fee and any other “School Fees”, which are payable by the Parents and/or the Child prior to the start of the initial as subsequent academic year or programme or course of study shall have been paid in full; and
d) That the School shall have given its approval to the admission and enrolment of the Child as a student of the School, which approval may be given or refused at the sole and absolute discretion of the School.
9. That all information given in this Admission Form, and other documents submitted to the School, are completed, correct and accurate to the best of the Parents’ belief and information.
10. That the School shall be at liberty to use the English Language wholly as its medium of instruction.
11. That the Parents shall use their best endeavours to attend the School Biannual Parents Teacher Meeting where they may collect the Child’s Progress Report and discuss the Child’s progress with the teachers.
Notwithstanding the above mentioned, the School reserves the right at any time and from time to time to vary the Admission Terms, whether by additions omissions supplements substitutions or otherwise of any kind.
School Operation Terms
12. That if the Child shall be unable to attend the Schooling Day, the Parents shall endeavour to inform the School accordingly prior to the start of School Hours on that day.
13. That the Parents shall observe and comply with all security guidelines and protocols from time to time issued or maintained by the School for the safety of the Child, and in particular, the Parents ensure:
a) That the Child is always accompanied to the gate/main entrance of the School until a staff of the School is able to unlock the gate/main entrance and receive the Child; and
b) That they fetch the Child from the School personally or procure that the Child be fetched by person(s) previously informed to the School as being authorised by the Parents to collect the Child.
14. That the Parents are aware of the School Hours, Accordingly, the Parents:
a) Shall send the Child to the School in a timely manner, and
b) Shall fetch the Child promptly at the end of School Hours.
c) The School shall not be responsible for the supervision of the Child left on the School premises before or after School Hours.
- If the parents are unable to fetch the Child promptly at the end of School Hours, they shall make direct arrangement with the School for the care and keeping of the Child until the Child may be fetched, and shall be liable to pay the School a fee at such rate as the School may from time to time prescribe for the care and keeping of the Child.
- In the case of the Child requiring special needs, the Parents shall notify the School accordingly so that proper arrangements can be made.
15. That the parents will ensure that the Child comes to School in proper attire according to the guidelines set out in the Parent/Child Handbook, and is always neat with clean hair, ears, nose and clipped fingernails.
16. That if the Child attends School not in compliance with the dress code (especially during communal events) of the School, the Child may not be permitted to attend class or participate in a particular activity and may need to wait for the appropriate clothing to be brought from home.
17. That all items of clothing and belongings of the Child must be identified with the Child’s full name. The School shall not be liable for the loss of any items belonging to the Child which is not attributable to the fault of the School.
18. Parents shall at all times keep the School informed and updated on the Child’s medical or health condition information and history, including, but not limited to, any innate or acquired disease illness affliction or condition or history of deficiency.
19. School shall not be liable or otherwise accountable for any harm or injuries brought on or otherwise caused by the Child’s pre-existing medical or health condition.
20. In the case of a medical emergency if the Parents cannot be contacted to give consent, the School shall be authorised to permit the Child to be sent to a clinic/medical centre, or otherwise to be treated by a medical doctor, at the cost and expense of the Parents, and the Parents shall indemnify the School fully against all such cost and expense.
21. School shall not be liable or otherwise accountable for any death, any harm or injury to person, any loss of or damage to property, any other liability in any event sustained by the Child within the School premises or during any field trip excursion or event outside the School premises, which is not attributable to the negligence or other fault of the School, its officers, servants, agents or employees.
22. Notwithstanding that Parents agree to the Brainy Bunch Illness Policy, and that
a) If the School finds, in its opinion, that the Child is unfit for any medical or health reasons to attend school, or
b) If the Child is infected with any disease illness affliction or condition which may be contagious or infectious, or
c) If an outbreak of a contagious or infectious disease illness affliction or condition has occurred at the School, then in any such event, the School retains the discretion to send the Child home, or not to allow the Child to attend the School for such period as the School deems necessary, and neither the Parents nor the Child shall have any claim against the School in any such circumstances, whether for a refund of the whole or any part of the School Fees or otherwise for any loss of any kind.
23. That the Parents shall be liable and accountable for and shall indemnify the School against all and any harm or injury to person, loss or damage to property, and/or other liability, sustained by any person within the School premises or during any field trip excursion or event outside the School premises, which is attributable to any act of default or negligence of the Child.
24. That the Parents shall be aware that any injury or accident that requires medical treatment, which occur during school hours within the school’s premises as well as for outings during school hours are covered under the school’s insurance scheme. This is subject to the exclusion policy of the school’s insurance coverage. The school shall not be liable for the expenses incurred over and above the claimable portion of the medical expenses. (E.g. Medication, cosmetic surgery and any other items excluded from school’s insurance coverage).
25. That the prospectus, the promotional materials literature and information and the website of the School attempt to give an understanding of the method system and philosophy adopted by the School and the contents of, and the representations contained in such prospectus promotional materials literature and information and website are not intended to form part of any agreement between Parents and/or the Child on the one part and the School on the other party or otherwise to be binding on the School.
26. That the School reserves the right to take such photographs, images, audio and/or video recordings, works or derivative works of the Child, and to use, free of charge, the same in any media and for whatever purpose, as the School deems fit, including, without limitation, for any promotional or publicity materials or purpose and publication in the website of the School.
27. That any notice request or other communication to be served made or given to the Parents and/or the Child:
a) May be left by hand at, or sent by prepaid registered post to, the Parents’ address as stated in this Admission Form or as previously notified in writing to the School as stated in this Admission Form or as previously notified in writing to the School; and
b) Shall be deemed to be duty serve made or given as follows:
i. It left by hand, at the time of delivery,
ii. Sent by prepaid registered post, at the expiration of 3 days after the envelope containing the same was delivered into the custody of the postal authorities notwithstanding that it be undelivered or returned undelivered.
28. That the Parents shall give written notice to the School of any changes in the information given in this Admission Form, or other documents submitted to the School, as soon as practicable and in any event within 48 hours of such change.
29. That the parents are aware of the School Fees that are chargeable, and the respective due dates for payment thereof. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, the School Fees are subjected to changes, from time to time or at any time, by the School. Parents shall be aware that the Registration Fee is non-refundable once the Child has been accepted as a student of the school.
30. That the School Fees are payable in advance and the Parents agree to pay the School Fees promptly and in event by the respective dues for payment thereof. Failure of complying to prompt payment will be subject to Late Penalty Fees.
31. That if, at any time after the Child has been enrolled in the School, the Parents intend to withdraw the Child as a student of the School, they shall give the School 30 days prior written notice ; 1st of every month (hereinafter referred to as the “Stipulated Notice”) of such intention. Refund of the School Fees shall be subject to the Stipulated Notice being given and to the discretion of the School.
32. No refund of any School Fees shall be made
a) If no 30 days stipulated Notice has been given, or
b) If the Parents and/or Child shall be in breach of any Admission Terms or the Child has been expelled from the School.
33. Parents are aware that refund is with the discretion of the School, with supporting documents and by approval from the School Notwithstanding the above, the parents are aware that School Fees chargeable are non-transferable.
34. Parents shall be aware that the deposit will be used to offset the last month of the Child’s attendance in School and/or any outstanding School Fees and/or damages incurred by the Child to the School. In the case of withdrawal, any remaining amount from the deposit will be refunded once the School has received the 30 days “Stipulated Notice”(if applicable).
35. The school has every right to detain the issuance of Child’s Progress Report if the Child has an overdue payment of at least one month of School Fees or any fees chargeable.
36. The school reserves the right to suspend or cancel the enrolment of the Child or expel the Child or otherwise disallow the Child to attend the School if the Child has an overdue payment of 2 consecutive months of any School Fees.
37. That the School Fees shall not cover all learning materials or other study or learning paraphernalia which may be required by the Child while undergoing the Course, and the Parents shall be required to purchase such materials and paraphernalia which are not covered in material fees (refer to updated school’s fee structure).
38. That unless otherwise agreed by the School, all payments to the School shall be made in Singapore Dollar, and by bank transfer to the School’s bank account.
39. To pay the Goods and Services Tax (GST) and any present or future rates, taxes or assessments impositions, levy or outgoings imposed upon or in respect of all sums payable by Child to the School pursuant to this Agreement (if applicable).
40. That the School reserves the right and discretion to forthwith suspend or cancel the enrolment of the Child or expel the Child or otherwise disallow the Child to attend the School, if in the opinion of the School,
a) The Child is unable to participate meaningfully in the curriculum of the School or has committed a serious breach of discipline.
b) The Parents and/or the Child has committed a breach of any Admission Terms, and/or
c) The Parents and/or the Child has committed an act or omission which jeopardises threatens or undermines the health safety wellbeing or security of any other members of the School and/or the stability or integrity of the School or the Course.